Trade Operations and Faith Based Investment Analyst
Posted on 01/06/2022GuideStone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Trade Operations and Faith Based Investment Analyst works directly with Portfolio Manager(s), Investment Analyst(s), Mutual Fund Operations, GuideStone Investment Services and other departments to develop, coordinate and manage trade operations related to GuideStone Funds, GuideStone Financial Resources and GuideStone Investment Services. Key functions of the role include, but are not limited to, the following areas: 1) daily interaction with finance and accounting, fund accountant, custodian and transfer agent; 2) management and implementation of all trading, direction letter(s) and fund flow activity including capital call / distribution activity for private investments; 3) maintenance of internal trading tool; 4) maintenance and rebalancing of all asset allocation models; 5) back-up analyst supporting screening for Faith Based Investing, 6) implementation of the Liquidity Risk Management function; and 7) and assists with cash overlay functions. May also assist with other reporting functions (such as performance), analytical support, special projects or duties as assigned.
What you will do:
- Follow trading and allocation policies and procedures
- Manage cash balances within all portfolios, funds and institutional accounts within allowable ranges
- Prepare and disseminate all direction letters
- Manage and “model out” all capital call / distribution activity across private market investments
- Coordinate fundings/withdrawals between all investment managers / sub-advisers
- Manage and implement rebalancing process across all allocation portfolios, funds and institutional accounts
- Recommend trading activity to portfolio managers and investment analysts
- Upon approval, input trades into internal trading tool system and ensure proper notification of all parties
- Ensure all trading and transfer activities are verified and completed correctly and any errors are properly resolved
- Prepare reports for weekly liquidity meetings with portfolio management team
- Provide regular reporting on allocation models, liquidity and fund flows information
- Manage liquidity program to ensure proper exposure for all cash across applicable portfolios
- Works with the Senior Analyst – Faith Based Investing (FBI) to assist with the FBI screening process and serve as a back-up analyst to this position
- Maintain relationships with outside vendors, primarily with the custodian bank, fund accountant, transfer agent and sub-advisers
- Conduct regular reviews of account balances and asset allocations for adherence to policy statements—then bring recommendations to portfolio managers
- Conduct portfolio management accounting related activities
- Work with IT department to maintain and update trade allocation tool as needed
- Prepare performance reports as directed
- Complete analytical projects as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelors Degree, required.
- Advanced PC skills including spreadsheet capabilities.
- Preferred 3 years experience working in accounting, transition management, custodial, trading, or other investment related supporting functions.
- Understanding of various investment vehicles, strategies and terminology.
- Understanding of investment philosophies and processes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to take on complex projects and work independently.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
Please login to apply for this job.